Company: Wonderful Citrus
Posted on: December 5, 2018
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in processing, grading, and packing of citrus fruit by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate team leads.
Here's what you'll do:
- Ensure adherence to all occupational safety and food safety policies and regulations.
- Achieve production goals and opportunities by maximizing pack efficiency, fruit utilization and reducing product holds and customer claims.
- Know, understand, and enforce all company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day head count and staffing requirements by considering operational requirements and labor cost.
- Generate accurate production reports and analysis based production rates and statistics.
- Ensure team adherence and continuous improvement of all established operational procedures (shift start-up, production run, handoff, shutdown and cleaning).
- Manage the maintenance, cleaning, and operation of multiple types of manufacturing and packing equipment.
- Identify, develop, and support continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assess, plan, and deliver regulatory and opportunity training to improve individual and team knowledge and capability.
- Collaborate and coordinate with adjacent departments and shifts to meet operational and business goals.
- Manage seamless transitions between one production shift to another as well as to the sanitation department.
- Make timely and appropriate operational decisions based on multiple and varying factors (safety, time, fruit, staffing, budget, equipment, etc.)
- Stay audit ready always.
- Maintain an 80% floor presence and 20% administrative focus.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Have at least three years of supervisory related experience. High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced education in either business or engineering is desired.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English; verbally and written. Conversational Spanish is highly desired.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic and algebraic functions. Knowledge of statistical analysis methods desired.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems, propose, and implement solutions.
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, charts, and graphs) is desired.
- Able to work on a day or night shift with a flexible schedule that often includes weekends and holidays.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
- Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
- Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Wonderful Citrus, Delano , Production Supervisor, Professions , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!