Seasonal Forklift Driver
Company: Wonderful Citrus
Posted on: November 24, 2018
Operates forklift to move palletized fruit from set-off and storage areas to loading areas for truck and cold storage; may be required to bring filled and palletized fruit from packing area to storage or loading of trucks from time-to-time. May transfer other commodities where forklift is needed. This is a seasonal temporary postition through one of our staffing agency partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all duties in a safe matter
- Must be able to drive a stand-up forklift in a safe and professional
- Must have basic understanding of Oracle Warehouse Management Systems
- Do daily maintenance on forklifts to include cleaning, check oil, water and note for loose nuts, bolts, belts, connections, leaks and hydraulic hoses.
- Must be able to pull fruit from the palletizing area from time -- to -- time and properly store.
- Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at Delano 2 facility in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost and Productivity.
- Adherence to production schedule and conveyance routes within cycle time.
- Support production standard work processes i.e., area boards
- Communicating with other areas in regards to scheduling and other production related issues.
- Responsible for tracking downtime, put-away, work order requests, and production results/costs.
- Submit work requests for equipment that is not in proper working order and strategize options for other means of performing without that equipment.
- Daily auditing of the cleanliness and 5S organization of the area
- Lead root cause analysis, problem solving activities
- High Performance Work Team concept with emphasis on ownership and accountability to the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- H.S. School Diploma or GED; ability to read and write well.
- The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
- Ability to perform mechanical troubleshooting, especially related to forklifts.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Lead fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Must have good hand speed and the use of both hands to accomplish the above-described duties.
- Good problem solving skills and communication
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate most of the time.
Sign on Bonus
All newly hired FTOs will receive a $200.00 sign-on bonus after they have successfully completed screenings & evaluations and are placed within a department.
All newly hired FTOs will receive a $100.00 mid-season bonus following 60 days of employment with the organization
All newly hired FTOs will receive a $200.00 end-of-season bonus if they stay until the production season is complete
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Wonderful Citrus, Delano , Seasonal Forklift Driver, Professions , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!