Transportation Manager - Wonderful Citrus
Company: The Wonderful Company
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Wonderful Citrus is one of Americas largest growers and shippers of
fresh citrus in the Unites States. Our Transportation department is
small but growing: We are focusing on being a value-add department
within our organization. This role will be responsible for leading
a team in the day-to-day transportation activities for the
Here's what you'll do:
- Implement and Execute the overall strategic planning and
goal-setting of the transportation and logistics activities for
- Facilitate the best in class Wonderful Citrus Customer
Experience through exceptional partnerships within a multi modal
network of transportation services.
- Manage the day to day innovative methods to recruit and partner
with the best in class multi modal Wonderful Citrus Transportation
- Manage the Wonderful Citrus Transportation providers to meet
increasing demand of undeveloped geographical lanes and
- Monitor, manage and report out Wonderful Citrus Delivery
Performance metrics and KPI's through technology, clear processes
and understood expectations.
- Facilitate streamlining process in the Transportation
- Manage the day to day spend budget, implementation of
transportation cost reduction strategies, and achieving established
profit margin targets.
- Managing and overseeing entire global 24-hour operational
footprint with over 30 plus transportation providers moving
shipments around the world
- Partner with Asset Based Carriers, Brokers, 3PLs, Custom
Brokers, Drayage Carriers, Stream Ship Lines, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of how goods are moved thru different
entities around the world to service our customers on a global
- Manage the RFP process for domestic carriers and international
- Manage Financial Reporting. Ensuring cost and revenue are
hitting the correct GL accounts
- Report P/L to management on a weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Manage the process for carrier score carding and set targets
- Execute the strategic plan given to achieve transportation
targets (financials and service)
- Understand transportation industry specific landscapes and
trends and effectively communicate industry shifts.
- Participate in Cross-Departmental/Company collaboration, taking
advantages of like synergies and best practices.
- Assist and develop transportation subordinates, supervisors,
coordinators and clerks in leadership and employee
- Facilitate a plan of execution resulting in transportation
growth set by leadership.
- Manage revenue objectives for transportations and KPI metrics
set for Transportation.
- Develop and manage a cohesive transportation group that
maintains a high level of morale and execution.
- Closely work with our operations teams to ensure we support the
- Interact with sales to assist in freight pricing and routing
- Oversee the daily dispatching of both domestic and
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- BA/BS in logistics transportation and or distribution, supply
chain or equivalent course of study preferred
- Training/certification in Six Sigma, Lean Logistics
- 5 or more years transportation experience preferably in
- Freight pricing experience as a shipper, broker, or
- Attention to details
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to collect, observe, monitor and record data
- Manage and maintain functional transportation groups
- Effect communication/articulation across phone, email, or in
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and deliver in a timely
- Ability to navigate and collaborate cross -- functionally with
groups or individuals to accomplish specific goals
- Complete understanding of the relative changes in the markets
regionally and intonationally.
- Flexibility to work long hours/after hours, nights, and or
- Must have 5-8 years of experience working in perishable
- Have a working knowledge of different transportation modes to
move fresh produce around the world
- Ability to travel to support our Texas locations
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and TMS platforms.
Experience within the Oracle platforms is preferred
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company
money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* - $1,500 per exempt referral; $500
per non-exempt referral. *Taxes Applicable
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee
Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and
dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible
spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful,
fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees
worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's
top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM
Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1
mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled
water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling,
high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest
flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper
and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel
and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus
varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than
58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year
to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all
channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in
the produce department of grocery stores across America under the
flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful
Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate
social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in
environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million
in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30
million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in
California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness
programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for
employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with
opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other
Please click here to review our Privacy Notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Wonderful Company, Delano , Transportation Manager - Wonderful Citrus, Professions , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!