College Specialist, Wonderful Agriculture Career Prep
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: November 5, 2018
At the Wonderful Company, we believe in investing in California's South San Joaquin Valley communities where our employees live and work, including the youth of our communities... our future. Wonderful Education's mission is to enable a lifetime of career opportunities by significantly increasing the number of college graduates in the Central Valley.
Wonderful Education's Ag Prep program is a dual enrollment program in which high school students complete A-G high school coursework in addition to completing an Associate of Science degree in an agriculture related pathway. We are seeking a Ag Prep Specialist who will monitor and provide support to students as they apply to 4-year colleges. This role focuses on 12th grade students and responsibilities include providing academic tutoring, mentorship, and assistance that prepares students for the college application process. The ideal candidate has a passion for education and the desire to create opportunities for Central Valley students. You will work tirelessly, side-by-side with students, in a fast-paced environment to help them get into and succeed through college.
This position is based out of the Delano, CA region with daily travel to local high schools and communities throughout the San Joaquin Valley.
Here's what you'll do:
- Actively guide student academic progress towards high school completion, graduation, and college admission for a 12th grade caseload.
- Manage and support all college application activities for 12th grade students at the five Ag Prep high schools (Wasco High School, Avenal HS, Sanger HS, Washington Union HS, and Reedley Middle College HS).
- Design and implement activities that increase academic achievement to help students earn The Wonderful College Scholarship, maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, and get a minimum of a 22 on the ACT.
- Leverage school interventions to improve academic performance and motivate students to achieve their greatest academic potentials.
- Provide individual and group tutoring (focused mainly on math and science) as needed.
- Regularly monitor student academic progress towards program objectives by collecting and analyzing academic data.
- Assist in the collection of quarterly academic data, academic progress reports, and standardized test scores to be able to create reports that track student progress towards college goals.
- Educate parents on graduation and college entrance requirements and partner with them to ensure effective support of their children throughout high school and the college application process through parent workshops and home visits
- Coordinate logistics and execution of college readiness activities such as tutoring, test prep, financial aid, college application workshops, home visits, parent workshops and informational meetings.
- Assist in the planning of critical college exposure experiences such as overnight college visits and college camps throughout the year.
- Maintain strong and consistent communication with parents, the College Prep team, and students throughout the year.
- Partner with Ag Prep high school staff and faculty to ensure academic support and success of Ag Prep students.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Graduate degree in education and/or counseling strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of full time experience working with youth.
- Experience working in low-income, Latino (ideally rural/agricultural) communities.
- California driver's license.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Delano , College Specialist, Wonderful Agriculture Career Prep, Other , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!