Cocinera (FT) (VFE)
Company: Vallarta Supermarkets
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Cocinera (FT) (VFE)
Store: Delano - 820 Main St. - #42-03 Map
Cook is responsible is responsible for preparing and cooking all
menu items: soups, salsas, mole, rice, beans, etc. Responsible for
preparing and cooking menu items from scratch and are to be
consistent in quality and appearance according to company recipes.
Also responsible for smiling and greeting all customers while
delivering extraordinary customer service and responds to
customers' requests, to meet the goals and objectives of the
* Must enjoy working with the public.
* Must have good communication skills.
* Must have a friendly, courteous attitude, and provide
extraordinary customer service.
* Must exhibit a responsible, professional, and positive attitude
towards the job, co-workers, and customers.
* Follow and promote company safety policies and use equipment
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and
* Must be able to transfer to other locations within a reasonable
commute of home store.
* Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
* 6 months to 1 year cooking experience a plus but not
* Willingness to learn; we provide training.
* Basic understanding of English language.
* California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") Notice to Applicants
* This notice explains to you, pursuant to the California Consumer
Privacy Act ("CCPA"), how Vallarta Supermarkets ("Vallarta," "the
Company," "we," "us," and "our") may collect your information in
relation to your application for employment and potential
employment with us.
* For purposes of this notice, "Personal Information" means
information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of
being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or
indirectly, with a particular California resident or household, or
as otherwise defined under the CCPA.
* "Personal Information" does not include certain information,
including publicly available information lawfully made available
from government records, deidentified or aggregate information, or
other information excepted under the CCPA.
* Information We Collect about Applicants
* We need you to provide certain information in order for you to
complete your application for employment with Vallarta. The
following provides the categories of Personal Information we may
collect about applicants as part of the application process, and/or
our employees if ultimately hired.
* Personal Identifiers. We may collect your name, driver's license
or state identification card number, passport number or other
government identification number (including U.S. work authorization
number), Social Security information, residence/postal address,
email address(es), phone number(s), and other contact information
during the application and recruitment process. We may collect your
emergency contact information as well. If you are hired, we may
collect additional personal identifiers about you to facilitate the
* Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or
Federal law. We may collect your age, date of birth, race,
ethnicity, sex/gender, and marital status.
* Biometric Information. We may collect your fingerprints to
facilitate the employment relationship, if you are hired.
* Professional or Employment-Related Information. Depending on your
role/duties with Vallarta, we may collect information regarding
your criminal history, driving history, and credit history as part
of our employment background check. We also collect information
regarding your professional and employment history and other
qualifications you provide in your employment application,
including references, skills/abilities, employment goals and
expectations, and other related information (if you choose to
* Education Information. We collect information regarding your
professional and education history to the extent provided in your
* Thermal or other Health-Related Information. If you apply
in-person or come to our store(s) as part of the application
process, we may need to take your temperature or other similar
information as part of our health protection policies. However,
this information is not retained.
* Inferences. We gather information about your employment history
with Vallarta, such as the company location/facility to which you
are assigned, position and description of duties, fulltime and
part-time status, pay rate, as well as descriptions about your job
performance and skills. We may also draw other inferences such as
your characteristics, job preferences, personal hobbies,
activities, foreign language capabilities, other abilities and the
* Purposes for Collection of Your Personal Information
* We use the above categories of personal information for the
following business purpose(s):
* To make recruitment and employment decisions, including assessing
your application and qualifications for employment with us.
* To conduct and verify background checks (where applicable).
* If hired, to facilitate onboarding, payroll, benefit, and leave
of absence administration
* For security purposes.
* To obtain and/or maintain insurance policies and coverage.
* To comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and
* To manage workers' compensation claims and conduct workplace
* Third-Party Collection of Personal Information
* The Company may use third-party vendors, such as Snag-a-Job, to
facilitate the application process for applicants. In this process,
these third parties may collect an applicant's personal information
and provide it to us for employment decisions.
* Additional CCPA Disclosures
* At this time, the CCPA does not afford applicants or employees
the right to make requests regarding their Personal Information as
it relates to the application and/or employment relationship. This
does not affect other rights you may have under other laws.
* Further, nothing in this notice restricts Vallarta's rights or
* Comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and
* Meet any other legal obligation, including complying with lawful
inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other
requirements of applicable lawful authorities.
* Exercise its legal rights and defend claims.
* Report potentially unlawful activity to appropriate law
enforcement and cooperate in any resulting investigation.
* Detect and respond to unauthorized activity and security
* Protect against and report potential illegal activity and/or
* Provide information to our service providers in relation to the
above listed purposes, or transfer information as part of a merger,
acquisition, or other transfer of some or all of our business to
* Contact Us
* For more information or any questions about this notice , please
contact Human Resources, at 818-898-0088.
Keywords: Vallarta Supermarkets, Delano , Cocinera (FT) (VFE), Other , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!