Business Coordinator, Pack
Company: Wonderful Citrus
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper
and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel
and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus
varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than
58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year
to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all
channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in
the produce department of grocery stores across America under the
flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful
Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Production Business Coordinator will assist the Production
Manager and Supervisor manage the daily activities of his/her area
including ownership of the results, coaching the full time and
temporary employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting
departmental goals. One of the expectations of this position is
that the candidate will be trained and will train and coach others
(such as Leads 1 and 2) to work in all functional areas of the
departments including but not limited to Receiving, PreGrade,
Packing, Shipping and WIP Room. This position requires the ability
to work with a team of over 60 employees.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate proactive planning for the department and area in
terms of next day planning, safety, sanitation, maintenance and
- Communicate with other areas in regard to scheduling and other
production planning and shipping related issues.
- Review time punch details for team members within their
- Holds team members accountable when having performance,
attendance or company policies outages
- Work with other business coordinators or supervisors and
managers to manage immediate tasks as well as outages and special
- Drive continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in
Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization o
Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to PCA
- Inspect equipment area and complete work orders as
- Responsible for operating computer systems to track quality
trends and production activity of the production lines and the
individual performances of the shipping clerks and FTOs.
- Daily auditing of the cleaning, inspections and 5S organization
of the area.
- Teach and provide direction to employees to meet
- Interprets company policies and procedures to team members,
works with team members to resolve job problems.
- Ensure team members are trained in the safe, correct and
efficient operation of equipment in their area.
- Coach and inspire each member of their area to achieve a higher
level of performance.
- Be a good role model in the department
- Ensure all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups
and audits are conducted in a timely manner as well as represent
area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion; Other
duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production
- The position requires precision and is very detail
- Speak, read and write in the English language, bilingual
(English and Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written
- Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork
- Good problem solving skills and communication.
- Must have advanced computer skills; experience required using
Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios,
minimums and maximums and percentages.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Mechanically inclined preferred
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company
money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* - $1,500 per exempt referral; $500
per non-exempt referral, * Taxes applicable.
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee
Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and
dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible
spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful,
fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees
worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's
top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM
Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1
mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled
water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling,
high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest
flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate
social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in
environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million
in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30
million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in
California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness
programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for
employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with
opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other
EEO is the law
EEO is the lawby Jobble
Keywords: Wonderful Citrus, Delano , Business Coordinator, Pack, Other , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!