Harvest Coordinator - Wonderful Citrus
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: December 28, 2019
The Harvest Coordinator will supervise the daily activities of Farm
Labor Contractors, while also planning harvesting for the following
day. Coordinators work directly with the ranch management team and
farm supervisors to confirm crop is ready for harvest. Harvest
Coordinator will ensure a safe working environment for harvesters
while enforcing good harvesting practices that aid delivering a
top-quality fruit to our consumers.
Here's what you'll do:
- Responsible for communicating with farming staff to verify
blocks scheduled for harvest do not have any harvesting
restrictions (i.e. Spraying, Irrigation, etc.).
- Responsible for communicating harvesting plans to Farm Labor
- Must arrive to the field early morning for routine observations
and monitoring of field conditions to ensure blocks scheduled for
harvesting are free of any restrictions which could cause
- Harvest Coordinator supervises harvest crews to ensure they are
harvesting in the correct location, pick quality meets harvesting
standards, and ensure no fruit is left behind by
- Coordinator must ensure safe harvesting practices are followed,
proper equipment is utilized, and all food safety guideless are
adhered by harvesting crews.
- Responsible for maturity testing following all county and state
- Responsible for crop estimates to forecast the current year's
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- High School Diploma required, bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in farming and/or harvestings,
preferably as it pertains to citrus.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with people across
many different functions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and change management
- Must possess, and maintain, a valid California Driver
- Can work independently, displaying self-management
- Strong time management skills.
- Represents Wonderful Citrus' values in communicating to third
- Ability to make good rational judgment decisions while under
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and
effectively presenting information and responding to managers,
peers, and growers.
- Strategic thinker with tactical and detailed execution.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company
money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program - $1,000 per exempt referral; $500
per non-exempt referral
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k)
retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee
Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and
dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible
spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful,
fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees
worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's
top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM
Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1
mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled
water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling,
high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest
flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper
and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel
and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus
varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than
58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year
to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all
channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in
the produce department of grocery stores across America under the
flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful
Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate
social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in
environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million
in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30
million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in
California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness
programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for
employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with
opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Delano , Harvest Coordinator - Wonderful Citrus, Other , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!