Industrial Technology Supervisor
Company: Wonderful Citrus
Posted on: March 6, 2019
The primary role of the Industrial Technology Supervisor is to leverage problem solving methodologies to implement Process, People, and Asset Reliability improvements -- enhancing business performance and building capability under direction of the Industrial Technology Manager. The Technology Supervisor is responsible for the accuracy of the documentation, change management and project related changes and improvements, with respect to applicability, quality, safety, cost or other project attributes.
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide operating reliability by assuring that the manufacturing processes are validated, documented and supported
- Develops personal expertise of all pack house operations in order to assist in the development of others, owning equipment and strategies, and evolving into a pack technology owner
- Support the technology manager with establishing a set of operating indicators (metrics) which clearly measure departmental performance on a regular basis
- Interact with primary equipment vendors to drive operational improvements and challenge recurring issues with asset failures
- Support pack house capability efforts, balance line flow efforts including machine and line speed change management, and support organizational capacity planning efforts for the operations teams
- Collaborate with Reliability teams to drive Asset Management efforts
- Provide justification for inherent operational and reliability improvements; seeking new technology that support future advancements in the area of citrus packing
- Support Equipment Design Improvements (SMED)
- Provide operational & technical training and development support
- Support process optimization initiatives by championing Lean activities and improvement events
- Evaluate adherence to Out of Service processes and time guidelines (i.e. Startups, Shutdowns, Sanitation, Changeovers and Reliability Outages)
- Support the Management of Change Processes for the operations departments
- Provide timely project status updates, feedbacks, and appropriate reporting of key activities assigned
- Act as a driving force behind critical strategic, operational, and organizational initiatives
- Supports efforts to establish a skilled work force, focusing on development, accountability, recognition, team building and group problem solving
- Provide insight through analytics and RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to drive continuous improvement implementation efforts
- Develop an understanding of our asset base in order to track lifecycle in support of capital/reliability budgeting and "aged asset retirement" programs
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrable experience in leading implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience working with grading/sizing, optical sorting, and/or vision systems such as Compac, AWETA, TOMRA, Odenberg, MAF RODA, etc.
- Must have extensive communication, mediation and facilitation skills.
- Will be accountable to leverage existing operations programs/systems to determine department priorities such as Focused Improvement Team efforts, Autonomous Maintenance initiatives, Root Cause Analysis Evaluations, and daily Structured Communications meetings.
- Knowledge of CI techniques to solve complex problems and experience with Lean preferred - showcase previous projects.
- Candidate should be results-oriented with good project management, organizational, and prioritization skills while being able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Experience in successfully managing teams in production and/or non-production environments.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and maintain credibility across all levels in the business.
- Successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment
- Food manufacturing and/or fresh produce experience highly preferred.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred.
- Significant manufacturing operations leadership role (Packing Expert, Reliability Engineer, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field of study preferred, and minimum 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment driving a lean culture
- Cross-functional knowledge, especially supporting or leading Maintenance & Reliability efforts; developing and implementing operations centered/based programs
- Proven track record in leading and managing enterprise wide change initiatives
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
- Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
- Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Wonderful Citrus, Delano , Industrial Technology Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!