Claims & Collections Manager
Company: Wonderful Citrus
Posted on: March 4, 2019
Wonderful Citrus is seeking a forward-thinking Accounts Receivable Manager to support our Claims and Collections team. This accounting role requires a person who is capable of being a trusted partner with external customers and internal stakeholders. You'll effectively partner across the accounting function through teamwork and collaboration to deliver proper invoicing, credit management, and claims resolution. To be successful, you'll need to be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, manage multiple priorities and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
The A/R Manager is charged with the proper invoicing within standard polices reflective of the customers' requirements. He or she shall work with any and all personnel to assure timely and accurate invoicing and credit management. Manage the procedures and staff to assure proper recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices and direct interface with customers on collection matters and dispute/claims resolution. The A/R Manager will at times be required to interface with operational managers and occasionally with the Executive Team.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner with leaders and team members to understand the business and develop processes to assure timely and accurate invoicing and credit management.
- Assure timely collection of monies due to corporation.
- Assure timely and accurate invoicing and distribution for every customer
- Assure all cash receipts are applied properly and in a timely manner
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments and other reporting as requested.
- Support Management and Sales by providing timely and accurate payment and account standing information
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
- Manage and develop direct staff.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- BA/BS in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
- Minimum 7 years work experience in credit/collections with responsibility for direct customer contact
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience in accounts receivable software applications
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with all levels of the business
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily operations; and conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to travel (light) and work non-traditional hours
- Valid Driver's License; acceptable driving record
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
- Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
- Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Wonderful Citrus, Delano , Claims & Collections Manager, Executive , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!