Nurse Manager California
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Salary range for Nurse Manager is $147,680 - $156,000
The Nurse Manager is responsible for coordinating administrative
and clinical activities, both inter and intradepartmentally, so
that optimum nursing care is provided, staffing is maintained, and
costs contained. The Nurse Manager holds full responsibility for
nursing in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer. This position
will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of
quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care
is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work
environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of
diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity
training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis
to meet the needs of the patient population served in the
Job Code: 101165
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensure appropriate to state regulations
- BLS certification with ACLS certification to be obtained within
on year of hire or entry to position
- CRRN certification to be obtained within a year of meeting the
eligibility requirement to sit for the examination
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- 5 years nursing experience with 2 years recently in an inpatient
- Progressive nursing management experience including 24 hour
- Served in leadership roles such as charge nurse or supervisor
capacity where they had responsibility for reporting, issue
resolution, setting direction and accountability for results
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested
when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds
these minimum requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands while maintaining a
calm professional demeanor.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Keywords: Encompass Health, Delano , Nurse Manager California, Executive , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!