Senior Manager, Career Readiness
Company: The Wonderful Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Wonderful Education is seeking a Sr. Manager of Career Readiness to
support the transition between the College Success team and the
Wonderful Career Center. The ideal candidate understands the
challenges first-generation college students face when
transitioning from college to career. The candidate is expected to
partner with both College Success and Career Center teams to
programmatically provide supports while our scholars are pursuing
their four-year degrees. The aim of the role is to ensure scholars
are well prepared for the opportunities available upon graduation
with the Wonderful Career Center.
Program Management (75%):
- Partner with the College Success and Wonderful Career Center
- Create and implement annual career development curriculum
benchmarks (and associated resources) to ensure scholars develop
professionally while progress toward graduation
- Map common career pathways utilizing company and campus
- Educate and support College Success Coaches to guide scholars
- Lead part-time and internship job development/placement for
current college scholars, in response to financial and career
- Organize, catalog, and vet part-time and internship
opportunities for current scholars, especially those outside The
Wonderful Company family to ensure mission alignment, scholar
accessibility, career relevance, and employer needs.
- Participate in the design and execution of academic year
programming such as summer camps, workshops, and internship
searches (both within and outside of The Wonderful Company).
- Incorporate career development into College Success Coach
activities designed to support scholars' financial, wellbeing,
career, and academic progress.
- Receive feedback from leadership on programmatic needs to
ensure a smooth transition from college to career.
- Support College Success coaches with accessible resources,
consultations, and trainings.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Scholar Engagement (25%):
- Work with targeted scholars to develop their application,
resume, interview, and professional follow-up skills through
one-on-one support sessions, workshops, campus-specific events,
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Experience as either a hiring manager or recruiter with a
strong understanding of employment trends and needs.
- Robust knowledge of best practices through the hiring process
for both temporary and permanent roles.
- Strong professional network throughout California.
- A commitment and passion for educational equity and justice and
the desire to work tirelessly on behalf of students from
California's Central Valley.
- An eager, flexible learner and problem solver who feels
comfortable taking initiative.
- A self-starter with exceptional work ethic and the ability to
work well away from colleagues and management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to quickly establish rapport and communicate well
- A valid California driver's license required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption.
Who We Are
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through
our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the
communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on
approach to philanthropy. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the
cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a
relentless focus on the social determinants of health and an
unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with
better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely
free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their
families. Our educational programs reach students across 165
schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic
initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to
career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities
brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming
that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to
donate company money to a cause of your choice.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
EEO is the law
Keywords: The Wonderful Company, Delano , Senior Manager, Career Readiness, Executive , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!