Project Manager, Engineering
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: December 6, 2018
Plans and Designs Processing Systems consistent with facilities operational requirements that will satisfy market needs for the company's products. Works with equipment and systems suppliers to assure proposed equipment satisfies project needs, meets food safety requirements and is designed with maximum efficiency and reliability available for the current technology levels. Coordinates activities of vendors, contractors and systems installers engaged in installation of process systems described above to meet process and time requirements. Completes full project handoff to facilities operations teams (production and reliability) by coordinating operational training and turnover of all documentation (drawings, manuals, controls logic, critical spare parts lists and maintenance SOP's) required for proper maintenance activities. Assist all operations teams by providing technical resources to improve facility efficiencies, reduce operational and maintenance costs and assure all operational equipment is delivered with employee and food safety in mind.
Here's what you'll do:
- Understands, uses, and champions proper design characteristics of fruit processing equipment and assures all new or modified systems/equipment are compliant with current company standards to provide efficient operations and food safe finished products.
- Leads in project scope development with Operations, safety, food safety teams to assure that delivered final product meets business needs for each scenario.
- Provides technical resource experience to all operations teams as support to their efficiency improvement programs.
- Provides RFQ documents for all operations capital projects that assures requested proposals for equipment and systems will meet project requirements. Analyze all vendor/contractor proposals to assure they meet requested scope and are within project cost limits.
- Works with Legal team to assure vendor contracts are valid and protect the company with regards to the agreement.
- Manage all project related contractors and vendors associated with equipment and system installation, training and start up to assure contractual obligations are met within scope and timeline. Inspects completed work for quality, timeliness, and standards as necessary.
- Coordinates contractor/vendor work schedules with operations to assure food/employee safety conditions are met and work is done within the facilities operating schedule boundaries.
- Analyzes and resolves project related problems or assists vendors/contractors in problem solving.
- Assist with coordinating vendor/contractor training for projects as needed.
- Contributes to the continuous development of the facilities work systems, processes and equipment.
- Must be able to react to different situations and make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently and perform duties with minimal direction.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple departments and different levels of the teams and senior management.
- Escalate technical, procedural, and personnel related issues to Director as necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology discipline desired but can be substituted with equivalent hands on experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Project Management experience is required.
- Past Engineering and Design experience in food (produce production line/fruit processing facilities.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to perform complex arithmetic and algebraic functions.
- Must be able to interpret customer scope requirements and provide technical reasoning to those requirements. Must be able to convey troubleshoot equipment/process problems and propose solutions. Problem-solving skills are essential to this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- On-site gym -- free to employee and spouse
- Subsidized on-site restaurants -- Two high quality, low-cost, fast-casual dining restaurants, and one grab-n-go station; discounted family-style grab-n-go meals also available
- Wonderful Wellness Clinic -- Free on-site resource for physicals, check-ups, immunizations, health screenings, pediatrics (for children 5 years of age and older), basic mental health and/or social services, and physical therapy; most prescriptions are provided on-site and completely free
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Delano , Project Manager, Engineering, Engineering , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!