Company: The Wonderful Company
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's
Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for
all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students
prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising
career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing,
engaging, community-centered school environment where students
develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately,
this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who
are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving
students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we
moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano,
and in the Fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and
opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve
over 1,800 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve
over 400 students in grades TK-12.
Our students have access to technology in all grades, from hands-on
STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's
space" to school-provided laptops for older students. The Academy
aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is
not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to
graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a
unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in
college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G
requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the
course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to
earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous
support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative
problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited
to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team
making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and
Click here to learn more about the Wonderful Company's other great
WCPA is hiring Assistant Coaches for Track & Field and
The Assistant Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of
the sports program. The successful candidate will be required to
adhere to all local, state, and federal laws, directives of the
Governing Board set forth in Board policies and administrative
regulations, and all lawful directives of the Coach's superiors,
including the rules and regulations of the California
Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and the standards of ethical
conduct for interscholastic athletic team programs.
The Assistant Coach is to be an exemplary role model for the
athletes, school, community, and District. The successful candidate
shall recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the
physical, mental, moral, and emotional well-being of the individual
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules,
regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice
activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses player's skills, monitors players during competition
and practice and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic
performance of students.
- Assists the head coach with determining game strategy.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during
practices and competitions.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's
- Models sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct
towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Distributes equipment, supplies, and uniforms to students as
directed by the head coach.
- Participates in special activities including parent's night,
banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and development of the
- Responsible for time required for the off-season, summer, and
in-season practice and competition.
- Responsible for the general upkeep, inventory, and protection
of equipment and facilities under the jurisdiction of the
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Athletic Director
regarding any developments in the program, including complaints or
- Responsible for submission of requests to purchase equipment,
supplies, and uniforms as needed, to the Athletic Director.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Athletic Director and
Facilities Manager, and coordinate work orders in a timely manner
to correct safety hazards.
- Coordinate with the Varsity coach during pre-season parent
meetings for all levels of sports to review scholastic eligibility
requirements, athletic code of conduct, team rules, injury
prevention, and inherent risks of the sport.
- Monitor the scholastic eligibility and conduct of
- Comply with time restraints for practice and competition
schedules, including holidays, weekends, and off-season
- Responsible for the safety and security of the team before,
during, and after program events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Sports Offered at
- Cross Country
- Girls' Volleyball
- Boys' Volleyball
- Girls' Golf
- Boys' Golf
- Girls' Basketball
- Boys' Basketball
- Girls' Soccer
- Boys' Soccer
- Sideline Cheer
- Track & Field
- Baseball Qualifications
- Requires that all prior experience as an athletic coach in the
district or prior schools' districts resulted in positive conduct
and no disciplinary action.
- Requires the ability to carry out the duties and
responsibilities of the position and to accomplish its
- Requires knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport,
policies, and practices of the district, rules, and regulations of
the league in which the district participates, the CIF, and the
standards of ethical conduct of interscholastic athletic team
- Requires a proven verifiable record of the ability to work and
maintain positive relationships with students, parents, guardians,
colleagues, administrators, booster groups, foundations, and
- Requires the ability to organize, train, direct, and motivate
students and staff to achieve high levels of athletic
- Requires a demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role
model for student-athletes and a commitment to holding all students
and adults associated with the program to the same standards.
- Through CIF guidelines, every coach needs to take and pass the
four NFHS courses.
- Fundamentals of Coaching (Paid for by WCPA after hiring)
- Concussion in Sports (must be renewed every 2 years)
- Heat Illness Prevention (must be renewed every 2 years)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (must be renewed every 2 years) Stipend
Range: $800 - $7,800. Final compensation will be dependent upon
skills & experience.
- Wonderful College Prep Academy offers highly competitive
compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes generous
- Full-time staff benefits include medical coverage, dental,
vision, and life insurance at no cost for the employee. We also
offer an optional 403b, with company match, as a supplement to STRS
retirement pension. In addition, employees have free access to the
Wonderful Wellness Center and gym.
Quality of Life in the Central Valley:
Framed by the Sierra Nevada to the east and the Coast Ranges to the
west, California's Central Valley is one of the world's most
productive agricultural regions and the base of The Wonderful
Company's agricultural operations. This vast area enjoys a moderate
climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of
living, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities.
From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and
surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- the family-friendly
Central Valley has much to offer.
Wonderful College Prep Academy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Keywords: The Wonderful Company, Delano , Assistant Coach, Education / Teaching , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!