Career Readiness Coach
Company: The Wonderful Company
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Who we are:
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through
our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the
communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on
approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The purpose of our
work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of
California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of
health and an unwavering commitment to helping the region's
children grow up with better opportunities than their parents
Wonderful Education is seeking a Career Readiness Coach to deliver
comprehensive career readiness services to our Scholars and
What you will do:
The Career Readiness Coach will report to the Senior Manager of
Career Readiness and will collaborate with the College Success
Coaches, the Wonderful Career Center and our Wonderful Business
Unit partners to deliver support and services of a comprehensive
career readiness program to Wonderful Scholars and Alumni. This
person will run and manage programing regarding career readiness,
professional development and opportunities, and navigating
transition from college to career.
- Overseeing the career development materials.
- Assisting with all programming, events and data collection
- Assist College Success coaches, managers, and others to help
students develop career competencies through resources and other
experiential learning opportunities.
- Assist students in identifying, developing and articulating
career competencies needed to prepare for work-based learning
opportunities and job search.
- Develop and conduct presentations on a variety of career
development related topics
- Assist students with their resume and cover letters, as well as
professional self-branding including LinkedIn and Handshake
- Responsible for a cohort of soon to be graduating students
working in tandem with student coach on job placement
- Be up to date on Wonderful Business trends, and career
readiness needs for students.
- Work closely with Wonderful Business Units and partners for
programing and events under the direction of the Senior Manager of
- Other Duties as assigned
- Position requires occasional evening and weekend hours
What you bring to the table:
- 3 Years experience with career counseling
- Bachelors Degree
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless
candidate has a legally valid exemption
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to build relationships with students, coaches and
- Working knowledge and skills with computer applications,
including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and
- Ability and experience in counseling, coaching or
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to large groups
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7
online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate
company money to a cause of your choice.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that
provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to
creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of
acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected
EEO is the law
Keywords: The Wonderful Company, Delano , Career Readiness Coach, Education / Teaching , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!