Special Education Coordinator (2020 - 2021) - Delano, CA, Wonderful College Prep Academy
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Wonderful College Prep Academy is committed to providing a
world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to
graduate students who are prepared to earn a college degree and to
put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this
begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school
environment where students develop a strong academic foundation in
literacy, liberal arts and STEM. Ultimately, this will prepare
generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical
thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in 2009 serving students of
Delano and surrounding communities in grades 6-12. In nine years,
the Academy has become a premier early college high school in the
region, with 88% of its graduates attending 4-year universities. In
Fall 2017, we added an elementary school to our Delano campus to
serve kinder through 12th grade. We also launched a brand new
charter school in Lost Hills which serves students kinder through
8th grade. A brand new high school program will be added in
Here's what you'll do:
- Assist with the effective implementation of student and family
support programs to ensure wrap-around services for all students
- Implement and monitor school-wide character development to
promote a positive school culture.
- Monitor student attendance and provide intervention for
students engaged in chronic absenteeism.
- Attend meetings and monitor programs and compliance related to
students with disabilities, low socioeconomic status, homeless,
foster, and English learners.
- Ensure that educational safeguards are provided to students and
families related to special education, 504's, other intervention
supports, and discipline procedures.
- Participate in student recruitment and open enrollment
initiatives for current and incoming families.
- Execute professional development and provide staff support as
it relates to special education, case management, attendance
procedures related to SART/SARB, and families in transition
- Work cooperatively with building administration and staff in
planning, implementing, and managing programs and services for all
students and the families we serve.
- Maintain familiarity with current educational issues through a
process of ongoing professional development.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree in Special Education
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Special Education
- Special Education Teaching Credential, required
- Administrative or PPS Credential, preferred
Skills and Traits:
- Strong communication and relationship management
- Exceptional organization skills
- Knowledge of school law and compliance, in regard to Special
Education and Student Services
- Ability to manage and interpret data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Continuous learner mindset and commitment to excellence
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- Company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Voluntary 403b with company match
- Most positions are bonus eligible
Wonderful College Prep Academy offers highly competitive
compensation, commensurate with experience, which includes generous
Full-time staff benefits include medical coverage, dental, vision,
and life insurance at no cost for the employee. We also offer an
optional 403b, with company match. In addition, employees have free
access to the Wonderful Wellness Center and gym.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications
- Resume stating position, dates of employment, employer and key
- Cover letter explaining your qualifications against the job
- At least (3) references including immediate supervisors
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature
and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other
essential functions (as covered under the Americans with
Disabilities Act) expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be
asked to perform other duties as required. Management reserves the
right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of
different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that
qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment
relationship existing between the institution and its
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with
opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Delano , Special Education Coordinator (2020 - 2021) - Delano, CA, Wonderful College Prep Academy, Education / Teaching , Delano, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!